The original definitions of the words “body-building” and “figure-sculpturing” are all about building your body the way you want. It’s not necessarily just about building massive arms. The trick of getting a beautiful body is to make it well-balanced overall. You can really change your appearance by targeting particular muscles. Harmony and balance are what make your body look nearly perfect.
We at Bright Side selected one of the most effective workouts for different muscles and can’t wait to show our selection to our readers.
1. Legs — quadriceps
The quadriceps are one of the largest and strongest muscle groups. They cover the front and sides of the thigh and play the main role in basically all activities that involve legs, walking, running, and even standing.
One of the most effective workouts that targets the quadriceps is the sumo squat. You can do it with a bar, a kettlebell, or just bodyweight, depending on your strength.
- Start standing with your feet about 10 inches wider than shoulder-width.
- Point your toes at about a 45° angle.
- Bend your knees, sticking your butt back like you’re sitting down.
- Lower your hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Your knees should move toward your toes.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Pressing on your heels, stand up, keeping your back straight.