No doubt that Oatmeal is one of the best breakfast foods to lose weight and I have explained you the reasons behind it – here. But eating the same dish as a breakfast day in day out sounds a little too monotonous. Doesn’t it? Well, here are your alternative healthy indian breakfast recipes for weight loss that will not only taste good but also benefit your health. Here you go –
- One of the chief ingredients of Muesli is Oats which are packed with a special fiber known as beta-glucan. Beta-glucan is important to our health for a variety of reasons including a reduction in cholesterol levels and stabilizing blood sugar levels. Take a look at this article to know more about benefits (backed by studies) of oats and beta-glucan – The ABC’s Of Oats: Nutrition Facts, Benefits & Indian Style Oats Recipes.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Rolled Oats – 120 grams
- Low-fat Milk – 300 ml
- Chopped Walnuts – 10 grams
- Chopped Almonds – 10 grams
- Raisins – 20 grams
- Chopped apple – 40 grams
- Chopped banana – 40 grams
- Vanilla essence – 5 grams
- Sugar – 2-3 tablespoon
How To Prepare Muesli:
- Begin by mixing the oats, chopped almonds and walnuts in a container.
- Transfer the contents to a non-stick pan and lightly roast it for 3-5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the mixture continuously.
- Empty the content in an airtight container. Allow it to cool for a while and add raisins and vanilla essence to it. Mix well.
- Then take a serving bowl and transfer the previously prepared muesli mixture along with chopped bananas and apples. You can also add sugar for taste.
- Now add milk to it and stir properly. Your breakfast is ready!
|Nutrition Profile of Muesli|