The Apple Watch introduced a fundamentally new way of interacting with a smartwatch. This means there are a whole lot of new tricks to learn about, of course.
1. Set an Image From Gallery as Custom Watch Face
Unlike Android Wear, watchOS doesn’t let you set custom third-party watch faces. If you’re bored with Apple’s existing collection, you can set a picture from your Camera Roll as a watch face.
Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Open the particular picture you want to set.
- Tap the Share icon and select Create Watch Face.
- You can select the Photos Watch Face, or if you’re on the fancier side, select Kaleidoscope Watch face.
- Tap Add.
Your Watch should now rock the custom picture on its face.
If you don’t see the change reflected, you need to manually update the watch face. Here’s how to do that:
- Force Touch on the watch face.
- Swipe all the way to the left until you find your custom picture.
- Select your custom picture.