Trikonasana, or the Triangle Pose, will release and strengthen your thorax, stretch your spine, and improve your blood flow:
- Place your feet wide apart. Turn the left one 90 degrees and the right one 15 degrees.
- Touch your left ankle with your left hand (with time, you’ll be able to put your open palm on the floor), and stretch your right arm upwards so that your arms make a straight line. Keep your knees and spine straight too.
- Turn your face up, and look at your fingers. Then repeat the exercise with the other side.
Bhujangasana, or the Cobra Pose, helps increase the lung volume, stretch the thoracic muscles, strengthen your abdominal muscles, and improve your posture:
- Lie on your stomach and inhale deeply. Slowly raise your torso, and keep your lower body to the floor at the same time. Balance on your legs and arms.
- Raise your head and look up.
- Slowly breathe out and assume the initial position. Try increasing the time you stay in the pose with each repetition.