Skin tags are mostly harmless and don’t cause pain, but once you have them, you want to get rid of them once and for all! Some scientists say that there’s a link between skin tag formation, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. Others insist that they occur due to a hormonal imbalance. Skin tags mostly appear on the areas of your body where skin rubs against skin like your eyelids, neck, the area under the breasts, and under the armpit and groin areas.
Bright Side has gathered some of the best proven and tested remedies against skin tags that will help you to stop their annoying growth.
1. Visit your doctor first.
Remember to see your family doctor or dermatologist before trying any of these home remedies. The skin tag might look atypical or suspicious and the doctor may perform a biopsy as a precaution.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Apart from being a great salad dressing, apple cider vinegar has multiple health benefits. It’s naturally acidic and will help the skin tissue to break, allowing the skin tag to eventually fall off.
- Soak a small piece of cotton in apple cider vinegar and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place it on the skin tag.
- Use a bandage to wrap the cotton swab.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat the process daily until the skin tag gets darker and falls off.
3. Tea tree oil
100% tea tree oil has antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It’s safe to use on skin and simple to apply.
- Clean the affected area.
- Apply 3 drops of tea tree oil on a cotton pad.
- Rub it into the skin with a slight massage.
- Repeat 3-4 times a day for better result.
4. Oregano oil and coconut oil
Oregano oil is a natural antimicrobial and antimelanomic remedy. Coconut oil is packed with lauric acid which is widely used for the treatment of warts thanks to its powerful antibacterial properties.
- Mix 2-3 drops of oregano oil with 4-5 drops of coconut oil.
- Clean the affected area with warm water.
- Put the mixture on a cotton swab and apply to a skin tag.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times daily until the skin tag gets dark, dry, and falls off.