When we find it difficult to get into the jeans we used to wear a couple of months ago, we realize that it’s time to start exercising. Many of us are not enthusiastic about spending hours at the gym, but recent studies have shown that even 15 minutes of exercise per day can effectively burn fat and improve your resistance, stamina, and metabolism. Try our workout plan and get toned abs for the summer season.
Bright Side has created a workout plan that will tone your belly and make it flat. You don’t need any special equipment — a yoga mat is more than enough.
Not all exercises are suitable for everyone, so you should take into account your physical and medical state. Remember that workouts are most effective when combined with a healthy diet!
It is one of the best exercises for a flat belly that you can think of, as it helps you burn stomach fat easily.
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees and put your feet on the mat. Keep your feet together or keep them slightly apart.
- Place your hands behind your head. Make sure that your thumbs are placed behind your ears and that your fingers support your head. Don’t interlace your fingers as it will add extra pressure on your neck.
- Lift the upper part of your body off the floor. Exhale when you go up and keep your elbows wide apart. Make sure you flex your abs when doing crunches.
- Go back to the initial position. Inhale on the way down.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times. Do 3 sets at the beginning. Later on, you can do 4-5 or more sets during your workout.
- If you want to make the workout a bit more challenging, you can raise your legs and cross your feet.
2. Side bends
This exercise will stretch and strengthen your obliques preventing the “muffin top” effect.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise your arms straight up over your head as you inhale.
- Lower your right arm down the right side and stretch the left arm over your head as you exhale, bending your body to the right.
- Return to the initial position with your arms overhead as you inhale. Do the same exercise for the left-hand side. Make sure you bend only at the waist and use your obliques.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times for each side. Do 3 sets.
You can also do dumbbell side bends if you want to strengthen your obliques even more.
3. Vertical leg lifts
This exercise will strengthen your lower abs.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and together. Keep your arms straight at your sides.
- Lift both legs up while keeping them straight.
- Slowly lower your legs so that they are a bit above the floor. Hold the pose for a couple of seconds.
- Lift your legs up again. Inhale as you lower the legs and exhale on the way up. If lifting up straightened legs is too difficult for you, you can start by lifting your legs with your feet crossed.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times. Do 3 sets.
The more slowly you do this exercise, the harder it gets. So if you want your lower abs to be really strong, try to do the lifts as slowly as you can.