To remove pesky belly fat we constantly work out, do long, complex and exhausting exercises, and still, all of it doesn’t guarantee the desired shape. The secret of achieving the body of your dreams is rather simple: do regular training and a small set of extremely effective exercises that will focus on different areas of your abdominal muscles. Different variations of crunches and planks burn huge amounts of fat if performed correctly.
The Bright Side team has our own time-tested list of flat belly exercises, and we can’t wait to share them with you!
1. Bicycle (cross-crunch)
Include the cross-crunch in your core exercise because it works your abdominal and oblique muscles while making your upper body and hip flexors move.
The initial position: Lie on the floor, on your back with your knees bent. Engage your abdominal muscles to lift your shoulders off the floor, but don’t sit all the way up.
What to do:
- Lift your left shoulder up while raising your right knee, but keep the leg bent.
- With your left elbow reach your right knee, and then get back into the starting position.
- Alternate with your right shoulder and left knee to complete.
- Repeat 30 times.
Warning: If you have back pain or any issues with your core muscles, consult a doctor before performing this exercise.
2. Side crunch
The side crunch is good for working out the oblique muscles and burning fat in this area.
The initial position: Lie on your right side and put your legs on top of each other. Your knees should be slightly bent, and your left hand should be behind your head.
What to do:
- Move your left elbow up with an emphasis on your obliques.
- Crunch as high as possible, hold for a second, and then slowly return into the initial position.
- Don’t forget to inhale while you lower your body and to exhale while you push it up.
- Repeat 15 times.
Tip: Adding resistance to this exercise may be hard at the beginning, so try to concentrate on perfect execution and slow speed.