The most popular activities to lose weight are running, jogging, and using a treadmill, according to statistics. But there are also some effective ways to train at home without having to buy special equipment. The main thing to remember is to do things the right way.
We at Bright Side train at home as well and found some powerful exercises that could be useful and effective for you.
1. Dolphin plank
The dolphin plank is good for strengthening your arms, legs, and core, and also increases bone density.
- Begin on your hands and knees.
- Take a plank position on your elbows. Your body should be parallel to the floor. Your toes should be bent and resting against the floor. Breathe smoothly through your nose.
- Lift your hips into an inverted V.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
2. Side plank crunch
The side plank crunch is a powerful modification of the plank exercise. It helps to improve your balance, flexibility, and agility, and it’s effective for those trying to lose weight.
- Take a side plank position with the left hand on the floor beneath the left shoulder. Your body should be lifted to form a diagonal line from head to heel.
- Your right hand is behind the head.
- The right foot rests on the floor in front of the left foot.
- Tighten your abs. Start doing a crunch by bringing the right elbow to the left knee.
- Return to the starting plank position.
- Do 10 reps, then switch sides and repeat.