In the past few decades, time spent with back pain has increased by 54% worldwide. This number shows how important it is to do something before it’s too late. Nikolai Amosov was a genius surgeon, inventor, and best-selling writer who believed that our health is in our hands. His systematic approach can help us to avoid serious problems in the future.
Exercises recommended by Nikolai Amosov
Amosov created his own set of exercises, and proved the effectiveness of them by his own example, living a long life and helping to heal not only his own spine, but also strengthening his muscles and avoiding joint problems.
This famous doctor performed each exercise 100 times at the maximum pace! The whole set of exercises took him about 30 minutes. His pulse reached 110–120 beats per minute, which is very close to aerobic training. It’s recommended that you start with 4–5 exercises, doing 10—15—20 repetitions of each.
1. Exercise on a chair
- Lie down on a chair on your abs, facing down.
- Lock your hands behind your head.
- Put your legs straight out. You can rest them on a sofa, if needed.
- Strain your whole body and make it parallel to the floor.
- Bend backward at your lower back as much as possible, raising the upper torso.
- Repeat 10 times