Between 15% and 25% of people in the US suffer from knee pain, which is the second largest cause of chronic pain. But even without it, we all suffer from minor injuries and tiredness from time to time. Here are some tips on how to use physical therapy to possibly make you feel better.
Bright Side is always on guard with helping you stay healthy and pain-free. That’s why we want you to check out these six simple exercises to help you with knee, foot and hip pain.
To start off, grab a chair and stand behind it.
- Raise one of your legs.
- Slowly raise the heel of your other leg until you’re standing on your toes.
- Slowly put the heel back on the floor.
- Repeat this exercise 10-15 times on each leg.
This will strengthen your ankles and work on the muscles around the knee.
This is a simple exercise that you can do while maintaining your house or doing your other chores. Simply walk around on your toes at a fast pace — this will strengthen your calves and give a small workout to your toes and the balls of your feet.
Keep walking for 5 to 15 minutes or until tired.
To work on weak ankles you should do the following:
- Sitting down or standing up, raise one leg.
- Slowly rotate the foot of that leg in a circular motion.
- Repeat this 10 times in an inward circle and 10 times in outward circles for each leg.